It’s been a very very long time since I posted something interesting. This is because my life, as I knew it, was a crazy mess of stuff happening ALL THE TIME. Actually, now that I think about it, my life as I know it is STILL a crazy mess of stuff happening ALL THE TIME.
That should stop soon. Hopefully next week, after the Thanksgiving festivities. If you’re a friend of mine and you’re reading this, for the love of all that’s holy do NOT plan a party/event/wedding/baby shower/baptism/function of any sort on the weekend of October 13th. I plan on being wrapped in a cocoon of blankets, possibly in the type of sleep that could be medically classified as a coma.
What I did while I wasn’t here:
- Moved to a new apartment (way back in July) The place is significantly bigger than my old place.. I will write a blog about some helpful moving tips in the next week (though I realize it’s delayed).
- Attended parties/weddings/birthdays/family gatherings every weekend from Canada Day all the way until this coming Monday. I think I might have had labour day weekend off from socializing. Maybe.
- My best friend D, of whom I’ve spoken at least once, sold her condo, moved in with me, then – a month later – moved to a new city (I’m in full support of her moving to a new city… except for the part where she’s not here. That part sucks a little. Luckily technology allows us to converse via a multitude of methods AND we can still have our Tuesday night movie nights, albeit in different cities.)
- I’ve had “The Cold” since the beginning of September. Actually, I think it first started at the end of August, and then it got worse… then it go better. But it never really went away. And now it’s worse again.
- Let’s see, what else happened….. Oh, my bathroom ceiling got a leak, was torn up, replaced and is now awaiting a fresh coat of paint. However, the fact that my building is slowly falling apart isn’t really giving me a lot of confidence. I’m half expecting one day to go home to find that the entire place is rubble. So… that’s exciting!
That’s the low down on my life as I know it. While you wait for me to post another blog, watch this hilarious video that my friend F. introduced me to today: